Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Don't Hit Me No More Daddy

Following is an original poetic piece of mine, the original concept ran into my mind after reading "Because I Am Furniture" by Thalia Chaltas. This is purely reflectional of the book, in my own personal life no beating occurs of anyone within my household to my knowledge. Don't beat your kids, bloggers.

Don't Hit Me No More Daddy
The fire in his eyes
The fury in his swings.
What did I do,
To deserve this?

Nothing is as strong
as the crack
of an oaken chair
across my bare back

Mother hides in the shadows,
unwilling to draw his sight.
As I take the pain,
so she may sleep at night.

Solace is found away from home,
in a quiet corner, so peaceful.
I could never believe that my life
could become such a statistic.

Just one time
I yearn to tell him,
That I am through with this torture,
Daddy, Please, Don't hit me no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment