Thursday, September 8, 2011

THE GREAT GATSBY AS TOLD BY CLASSICAL MUSIC...Technical difficulties abound.

     I know right away what you've been wondering, "Fine proprietor of this illustrious blog, why is the post before this one so god awful?" Well you see, finding a bunch of pictures is a lot harder than one might think. And is a very time consuming process to boot. Nevertheless this post shall make up for the abundance of mediocrity in the last. Apology Accepted. Thank you. TIME FOR A NEW POST!

http://www.classicalconnect.com/music/5020

     Now, to me personally that up there ^ is just a bunch of random computer business that I really don't understand all that well. What I do understand though, is that it is a piece of music. A piece of classical music. The piece is by Tchaikovsky, quite frankly one of the best in the biz, in my opinion. He's right up there with my boy Tummiscratch. But this piece really describes the whole novel The Great Gatsby very very well. The grandeur and higher tension sections so to speak conjure up images, at least in my mind, of Gatsby's elaborate parties that he is always holding within his big expensive mansion. Know what's real expensive? Pianos. And that is why adding a piano to anything instantly makes it more classy and elegant, like many characters in the story. The only exception to this rule of automated elegance is anything involving the artist formerly known as Kanye West.

     Paragraph two, it's all about the characters in the book. This song really just reminds me of every single darn character in the book thus far, i mean seriously, they are all pretty jazzy, and elaborate. The book takes place in the 20s, which was an age of pure jazziness in everything, be it clothes or just sheer personality. Every single character in the book so far has been all nice and fancy, key words being so, and far. I have yet to encounter any hobos or vagabonds on the streets on New York with Tom and Nick, or in Mr. Gatsby's mansion quite yet.

3 comments:

  1. This post is just so snazzy! I really liked the way you apologized for your pictures in the first paragraph. That made me laugh too hard! The song was also really jazzy. So jazzy, in fact, that I'm gonna go download it as soon as I get home. Your description of the book and characters made it sound like an all around fun read! I'm going to read The Great Gatsby for my next read for a lifetime book for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with my fellow blogger above. In the game of writing, you must not apologize. You can write the most profane offensive piece of work known to man, and you must not apologize for it. That collage on your former blog was an unfinished testemant to how you feel about the book. You obviously have some deep seated hatred for this book. Your song could have been the anthem leading the Nazis through the arch de triumphe. I can attest to the fact that most of the characters in Great Gatz are jazzy, but my idea? Create a gritty, society challenging, reboot to Great Gatsby. It shall include much more drinking, adultery, and murder. YES, even MORE murder, drinking, and adultery than before. The timeline will be skewed, (just like memento) so we have no idea what's going on. It's going to start with Gatsby dead in the pool and backtrack from there. In essence it will be more like LOST. Confusion, mystery, sex, violence, and all the other components to a good thought provoking story. You can't just KILL the American Dream and go expatriate like Fitzgerald did. You gotta kill it and create a new American Dream, or find it (what Hunter S Thompson was trying to do until he shot himself). Jesus, looking for it might be madening. How are we supposed to find it? At this point I'm sure the school's computer servers might find this comment disturbing, (don't wanna alert the big M Yng). It's as if his computers have become sentient. But we all know that's alot of B.S.
    Regards
    Richard Ketter

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you talking about awful? this is like the best and most intriguing blog I've seen. this is pure art homie.

    ReplyDelete